Questions about the Metropolis Resort?
Click on the questions below to view the answer.
What is the $12.99 resort fee?
A daily resort fee of $12.99 per night allows us to provide the highest level of service for our guests. This fee is already calculated into your total stay, categorized under “other charges”.
The resort fee covers the following amenities: Admission to Chaos Water Park for each registered guest, coffee available all day in the lobby, discounted day passes to Action City Fun Center & Trampoline Park, access to Wi-Fi, exclusive resort coupons upon check-in, holiday & seasonal activities, parking, pool towels, daily newspaper (available at the Hotel front desk), local calls, incoming faxes, and business center.
Do you require a deposit when I check in?
Credit cards are REQUIRED to check-in at our hotel. Your card will be charged the entire amount plus an additional authorization of 10% for incidentals. The unused portion of the additional authorization will be released, however, it may take 7-10 business days to be retunred to your account. We do not accept cash deposits at check-in; however you are welcome to pay for your stay at check-out with cash.
When is Check-In Time?
Check-in time begins at 4pm or as rooms become available. However, you are welcome to play in the waterpark as soon as it opens. In the event that your room is not ready, we recommend that you pack a smaller bag with bathing suits and swim gear and leave the rest of your luggage locked in your car. Stop by the hotel front desk to let us know you’re here and pick up your waterpark wrist bands. There are lockers, showers and changing areas available for your use in the waterpark. We will be getting room(s) ready while you enjoy our amenities!
When is Check-Out Time?
Check-out time is prior to 11am. As our guest, please feel free to enjoy the waterpark until closing of the day you check-out. We recommend packing a smaller bag with bathing suits and a change of clothes and leave the rest of your luggage locked in your car.
Can I check in early?
We will do our best to accommodate an early check-in request but we will NOT guarantee it. Standard check-in time starts at 4pm. We can guarantee early check-in (1 pm) or late check-out (2 pm) for an additional $35 charge each.
Do I need to sign a Resort waiver to play at Action City's Fun Center & Trampoline Park and/or Chaos Indoor Water Park?
Yes. A completed waiver is REQUIRED in order to use Action City's Trampoline Park activities, Ninja Warrior course, Fun Center attractions and/or swim at Chaos Water Park. You must be at least 18-years old in order to sign a liability waiver. If you are not 18-years old, a parent or legal guardian will need to complete this process. SAVE TIME, fill out your waiver in advance online otherwise you can fill one out when you arrive. Waivers submitted online may take up to 5 hours to load into our system. If you plan to arrive within 5 hours, please wait to fill out your waiver on property at our waiver station (located at Action City and Chaos Water Park). Your waiver does NOT need to be resigned every year.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Credit cards are required at check-in. Metropolis Resort accepts: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Direct billing must be set up a minimum of 2 weeks prior to arrival. We do NOT accept personal checks.
Do you accept debit cards or check cards?
Yes. Please be aware that if you plan to provide us with your debit card/check card at check-in that the charges will be processed immediately along with a 10% authorization for incidentals. Should you decide to change your method of payment at anytime, Metropolis Resort will process a refund to your card that day; however, funds may not be released to your account for up to 7-10 business days. Metropolis Resort is not responsible for the loss of use of these funds or any possible overdraft charges.
Can I pay for someone else’s room if I’m not staying at the resort?
Yes! To ensure the proper safety of our guests we do require a Credit Card Authorization Form to be filled out by the authorized credit card holder prior to the guests arrival. We ask that you please provide us with a copy of the front and back of the credit card intended for payment as well as a copy of the credit card holders photo ID. Once we have received this form we will apply the appropriate charges to the credit card intended for use. Please note that a valid credit card is still required at check-in; the Credit Card Authorization form DOES NOT serve as a substitution to our policy.
Click here to print our credit card authorization form
Can I bring outside food and beverages to the hotel?
You are more than welcome to bring food and beverages into your hotel room. Due to Wisconsin State Law (SS196.07 and 125.36), The Metropolis Resort is legally liable for any items consumed within the resort in public areas. We cannot permit guests to bring any food or beverages (not purchased within the resort) into any public areas.
Do you allow pets?
The Metropolis Resort DOES allow dogs!! You'll even find a dog bowl in the lobby for your four legged family member!
We do ask that you keep your dog on a leash and clean up after them. A pet fee of $20 per night will be charged. Please share a photo of your dog on our Instagram page #metropolisresort
Do you allow smoking?
Metropolis Resort is a completely smoke-free facility. There are designated smoking areas outside of the Resort.
Is it possible that our rate will change after we've booked?
Room rates are locked in upon booking and may not be varied upon check-in or check out. Rates quoted do not include the 13.5% occupancy tax and $12.99 resort fee.
Is Chaos Water Park admission included with overnight stays?
Yes, admission to Chaos Water Park is included for each registered hotel guest. Your admission passes are valid the day of check-in through the day of check-out. Click here to view water park hours.
What is your cancellation policy?
Notification of cancellation must be received 24 hours before check-in for a Sunday – Thursday reservation. Reservations for Fridays, Saturdays, holidays or special event dates must be cancelled 72 hours before check-in. Any reservations not cancelled within the 72 & 24-hour time frames will be charged for the first night’s stay.
How old do you have to be to check-in at the Metropolis Resort?
The minimum age to register at our resort is 21.
What is Action City?
Action City Family Fun Center & Trampoline Park is located inside the Metropolis Resort. We offer hotel packages that include Action City or you can add-on discounted hotel guest play passes to your overnight stay (also available as an add-on at the Action City front desk).
Action City's 55,000 sq. ft. Fun Center features:
- Indoor & Outdoor Go-Karts
- Batting Cages
- Bumper Cars
- Climbing Wall
- Laser Tag
- Laser Maze
- Mini Bowling
- Redemption & Non-ticket Video Games
- Outdoor Motorized Zipline Ride
- Outdoor Mini Golf Course with 18 holes
*Outdoor attractions are weather dependent and seasonal
Action City's 30,000 sq. ft. Trampoline Park features:
- Trampoline Dodgeball
- Open Jump Court
- Slam Dunk Basketball
- Airbang "Stunt" Jump
- Ninja Warrior Courses
- Gladiator Jousting
- Fidget Ladder
- Indoor Playground
What does the Metropolis do to keep guests safe?
Eau Claire takes pride in being one of the safest communities in the United States. There is very little reason to be concerned about safety while visiting Metropolis Resort. Here is what we do to keep you and your family safe.
- Alarms are frequently inspected and approved
- Americans With Disabilities
- U.S. Gov. Fire Safety Compliant
- Fire detectors in Public Areas
- Alarms In All Areas. Our alarms are equipped with both blaring audio and bright strobe lights to alert guests who have difficulty hearing.
- Auto Link To Fire Station----The fire alarms are directly linked to the Eau Claire Fire Department for a quick response.
- Auto Recall Elevators
- Automatically closing fire doors.
- Sprinklers in All Rooms and Public Areas
- Automated Defibrillator located at the Hotel Front Desk.
- Self-Closing doors.
- Dead Bolts On Guest Doors
- Electronic Room Key System
- Emergency Evacuation Drill. We have maps in each room and throughout the resort.
- Emergency Lighting in the event of a power outage.
- Exit Key Access at Night.
- First Aid Available in Action City, Hotel Front Desk, and Chaos Water Park.
- Our staff is trained and Red Cross certified annually in CPR, First Aid, and AED usage.
- The 3 main floors of the hotel have emergency exits to a staircase at each end. Both Action City and Chaos Water Park have emergency exits throughout.
- Brightly Illuminated parking areas around the resort.
- View Ports in all exterior doors.
- Illuminated Exit Signs
- Illuminated Walkways.
- Window Locks on all guest windows.
- All windows can be opened from the inside.
CHAOS WATER PARK SAFETY
Our lifeguards and Management staff each have the following certifications:
- American Red Cross - Lifeguard Certified
- American Red Cross - Water Park Lifeguard Certified
- American Red Cross - CPR Certified
- American Red Cross - First Aid Certified
- American Red Cross - AED Certified
In addition these steps are taken to ensure safety in the water park:
- Constant updated and improved Emergency Action Plans
- Monthly training and practice of emergency response.
- CODE ADAM - A swift lost child preparedness plan.
- Life jackets available in the water park free of charge (based on availability)
- Pool diapers are mandatory and provided with admission
- The Lazy River and hot tub are equipped with life-assist chairs.